If your church or organization has a Google Calendar then you need to take it to the next level
The next step is to share your calendar with the people who need to know about the events. Here are the steps to sharing your calendar:
- Sign in to your calendar.
- Click on the “Settings” link in the upper right of the page
- Click on the “Calendars” tab
- Under the “Sharing” heading, click on the “Share This Calendar“
- Click on “Make This Calendar Public” and press SAVE (I told you to get a Gmail account specifically for your organization)
- Answer YES to the query about “Are you sure?”
- Under the “Calendar” tab again, click on the email address for your calendar
- Open a blank text document to paste info into.
- Copy the address in the “Calendar Name” field and paste it into the document and save the document.
- Under the “Calendar Details” enter your calendar’s information into the fields if you wish to change anything.
- In the “Embed This Calender” block, copy the code from the field at the right side and paste it into the document and save again. This code can be included in the HTML code of a web page to display the current calendar.
- In the “Calendar Address” block, Click on the “ICAL” button and copy the address that is displayed then paste it into your document and save once again.
- Press the “SAVE” button at the bottom of the page to save any changes made to the page.
- You may now sign out of your calendar.
Secure the text document that you created. You will use that information to share you calendar.