I have had problems with the dashboard options on my WordPress blogs. The problem: If I change anything, it will not stick when I return to the dashboard.
I finally figured it out and have a fix:
Here is how I fixed the WP Dashboard Options on ALL blogs:
- Disable ALL plugins
- Revert to the DEFAULT theme
- Make ONE (1) change to the screen options (add or delete only one item – or move only one item at at time) then click on another function (view posts, etc)
- Return to the dashboard options & make 1 more change.
- Continue until all desired changes are done.
- Restore the desired theme
- Restore the plugins one-at-a-time or at least in small groups – then make any necessary changes to the dashboard options
- Continue activating plugins & making ONE change at a time to the dashboard options until all plugins are active & all options are like you want them.
NOTICE! the wp-o-matic plugin will write on top of the wp.com stats in on the dashboard!
Bishop of Technology