Ello is the new ad-free Social Network!
— EXPIRED —
Maybe you have never heard of “Ello”? That is very possible since it is still in beta and you can only join if you are invited.
Here is some information about Ello, taken from their website (here):
Ello is a simple, beautiful, and ad-free social network created by a small group of artists and designers.
We originally built Ello as a private social network. Over time, so many people wanted to join Ello that we built a public version of Ello for everyone to use.
Ello doesn’t sell ads. Nor do we sell data about you to third parties.
Virtually every other social network is run by advertisers. Behind the scenes they employ armies of ad salesmen and data miners to record every move you make. Data about you is then auctioned off to advertisers and data brokers. You’re the product that’s being bought and sold.
Collecting and selling your personal data, reading your posts to your friends, and mapping your social connections for profit is both creepy and unethical. Under the guise of offering a “free” service, users pay a high price in intrusive advertising and lack of privacy.
I have 5 invites for the new ELLO social media network. The rules are very simple:
- Earn one entry when you comment to this post. (One comment/entry per day)
- Earn an additional entry for each social media post linking to this article (only on Facebook, Twitter, G+, and/or Pinterest). In order to receive these additional entries, you must include a link to each of these external posts in your comment here.
- You may comment as many times as you wish but you are allowed a maximum of 5 entries each day (1 for comment, plus up to 4 additional entries for external posts).
- All comments must be entered using your real name and email address (not displayed on this site). Comments must be entered no later than 11:59 pm (CST) on Wednesday, 19th.
- I will pick (at random) the 5 winners on Thursday, November 20, 2014. Winners will be notified by email.
Notice, this contest has no monetary value and the decision of the winners is solely at my discretion – without recourse.